We operate in accordance with The New Zealand Privacy Act of New Zealand.
Your Internet privacy is important to us. This policy document is to clarify how we proceed with regard to information that is in some circumstances captured concerning users of our services.
This privacy statement discloses what personal information we gather, how it is used, and how to achieve an amendment of that.
- Information Collection
- Information Disclosure
- Cookies and Internet connection tracking
- Third Party Advertising Servers
- Opting in and Opting Out
- Access and Amendments
- Policy Changes
Plain Communications ("we" or "us") provide Internet services in the form of Internet access connection, Web hosting, and Web subscription content.
In undertaking these we may gather information about users including you ("you"):
- personal information provided by you at the time you registered or subscribed to our services;
- aggregated information obtained and summarised within our systems, which tracks Internet traffic patterns but does not relate to you personally.
We require some personal information for safe operation of our services to you, and if you do not supply that when requested that may in some circumstances result in certain services being unavailable to you.
We may disclose information as follows:
- your personal information to external parties when in good faith we believe we are required to do so by law;
- all web usage, registration and subscription information that we gather to our own staff, board, consultants and subsidiaries;
- aggregated tracking information and other usage information that does not reveal personal identities to external parties such as our advertisers;
- your personal information to external parties where we have your prior authorisation.
We may use the personal information:
- for credit card transaction authorisations where you have entered into these through agreement with us or by use of our online transaction services;
- for identity verification, especially in the case that you forget your login details;
- to assist in providing service support;
- to customise information we may provide you concerning Internet services that may be of interest to you;
- for future marketing and promotional purposes such as direct marketing and market research;
- for any other uses that you authorise.
Cookies and Internet connection tracking
We may use a browser cookie to identify the computer you are working from. The cookie itself is anonymous. Your connection to our web services only gives us your IP address, Operating system, browser version and this can be associated to the cookie. While your browser retains a cookie this can mean that the timing and frequency of your visits to addresses on our web servers can be assessed statistically.
We may use the cookie and Internet connection information to
- assist in providing web based login to services and sustaining sessions for such;
- customise advertising;
- track traffic patterns with respect to our web sites;
You can choose to decline cookies or delete them periodically.
You do not need to have cookies enabled to read our web sites, but you will need them for web based login to our services.
The information practices of advertisers who may operate external inclusions in our pages or web sites we may link to are beyond our control.
Third Party Advertising Servers
We may use third party companies to serve advertisements that you will see on our web pages you visit our web sites. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites, including information gathered by cookies, in order to select advertisements that may be of interest to you.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Opting in and Opting Out
Access and amendments to Information we hold
Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by us within our computer network and backup data storage facilities. Where you wish to have that information corrected or altered you may do so by emailing us at email@example.com or if for any reason that does not provide you with a prompt response then write to Plain Communications at P.O. Box 7578, Christchurch 8011, New Zealand. If you are unsure how to outline the change you require or how to access the personal information we hold concerning you, then be sure to ask for our assistance in the email or letter you send us.
Information on New Zealand's Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects the personal information in New Zealand visit privacy.org.nz